With all the new TV shows coming out, it can be hard to find time for exercise. But you’ll want your body healthy in order not just now and later but also during those binge watching sessions! Here are some negative consequences if don't get moving: increased risk of high blood pressure or diabetes with less physical activity compared.
Whether you want to lose weight or keep it off, 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity per week is the minimum amount needed. Experts recommend at least 200 quick exercises each day for maintenance purposes and should be done in addition your regular workouts if possible!
While it may be difficult to find time for fitness during these hectic times, we can still make the choice. Research shows that even a small amount of exercise has benefits on our health and well-being - all you need is just 10 minutes per day!
If you make the decision to get moving now, look for these nine surprising benefits of regular exercise. Increasing your activity can help you:
- Maintain a stable weight. Exercise is an effective way to burn calories. The harder and longer you work out, the more heated your metabolism will become for several hours after exercising which helps with weight management in addition staying healthy!
- Regulate your appetite. By exercising, you may be able to combat those pesky cravings and increase your appetite post-workout.
- Boost brain power. Exercise is one way to keep your brain healthy as we age. Studies show that it can slow down the loss of tissue in our brains over time!
- Enhance heart health. Working out has been shown to have many benefits, such as reducing blood pressure and increasing circulation.
- Improve immune functioning. The benefits of regular exercise are so many, from increasing immunoglobulins to decreasing our overall health risk. It's no wonder that those who workout have an increased chance for survival when faced with illness!
- Boost metabolism. The more lean muscle mass you have, the higher your basal metabolic rate. This means that even when binge watching your favorite shows at home alone on some lazy Sunday afternoon - rest assured knowing it's burning off all those delicious calories!
- Prevent injury. It is no secret that regular exercise leads to stronger muscles. These improved physical qualities provide protection against common injuries as we age, such as "pulling your back out."
- Decrease cortisol levels. The benefits of exercise are endless. Not only does it help you sleep better, but studies show that regular workouts can decrease cortisol levels which causes weight loss and lower stress in most people!
- Improve bone health. The benefits of weight-bearing exercises are proven to help prevent osteoporosis and decrease age related fractures.
Where to begin? A good plan is the best way. Start where you are and push yourself a little each week, I recommend that patients make their goal as specific or detailed as possible - like "I will walk after breakfast for 10 minutes at least three days this upcoming semi-month." Write down your new intention on paper so it can guide what actions need taken next! This could help with remembering just how far we’ve come in our journey while also providing some motivation when things get tough again later down.
A healthy lifestyle can help you handle life's challenges. The nine surprising benefits of regular exercise are happy thoughts that will make your day go better, no matter what is happening in real time!